Tuesday 18 September 2012

My summer 2012

Over the summer the class was given a project to produce a piece of concept art about a segment from a book.

The segment is as follows~: “In our little fishing village of Yoroido, I lived in what I called a “tipsy house”. It stood near a cliff where the wind off the ocean was always blowing. As a child it seemed to me as if the ocean had caught a terrible cold, because it was always wheezing and there would be spells when it let out a huge sneeze – which is to say there was a burst of wind with a tremendous spray. I decided our tiny house must have been offended by the ocean sneezing in its face from time to time, and took to leaning back because it wanted to get out of the way. It would have probably collapsed if my father hadn’t cut a timber from a wrecked fishing boat to prop up the eaves, which made the house look like a tipsy old man leaning on his crutch.”

My final piece of work -


No comments:

Post a Comment